Erectile Dysfunction Doctors in Tampa FL
Millions of men in the United States experience erectile dysfunction, leading many to feel unfulfilled and under-confident, oftentimes for years. These men feel challenged and so do their partners. The good news is that several advanced treatment options exist for patients in Tampa, Florida, who have erectile dysfunction.
Make personal performance a priority and reclaim the intimacy that you have come to cherish with your partner when you visit Florida Sex Health for a comprehensive evaluation of your erectile dysfunction symptoms. Our urologists specialize in treating men with erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as male impotence, and the symptoms that are associated with this condition.
Specialists at Florida Sex Health
Treatment from the providers at Florida Sex Health can help revive your sexual confidence so that you can start enjoying the excitement of sex again. With hundreds of successful outcomes every year, we’re confident that we can find the best option for you. If you are experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction and are located near Tampa, Florida, contact board-certified urologists, Dr. Justin Parker & Dr. Rafael Carrion at (813) 250-2213 today!
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.